I’m still Italian ☺️, but I’ve been to Spain often for vacation and work, so I think I can give you some advice in anticipation of your future trip there.
Spain is a country located in Europe. Madrid is the capital of this country that is known for it’s amazing architecture, history, food and drink.
- Do you need a visa? US Citizens get a free 90day Schengen Visa on Arrival
- You don’t need special vaccinations. Only routine ones
- Currency: Euro ( $1.11USD = 1EUR | May 2017 rate)
- Climate: Four seasons with varying climate by region.
- Primary Religion: Christianity
- Local Languages: Spanish, Learn Spanish today with Rosetta Stone.
- In Spain there isn’t obligation to give tips, but is considered a very nice gesture.
- Must Visit: Valencia, Barcelona, Madrid, Seville, Malaga, Granada, Ibiza, Majorca, Minorca, Costa Brava, Ara Lleda, Boi, Pamplona, Bilbao, Santiago de Compostela, Salamanca, Toledo, Seville, Cordoba, Tenerife, Malaga
- Ready to Plan Your Own Road Trip Through Spain? Check Auto Europe for competitive rates.
- Find Accommodation in Spain: Read reviews and check prices for hotels in Spain at Hotelsclick.
- Search for Flights: Skyscanner offers great deals to Spain.
- When to go: Best Weather: April – June, Sept – Nov
- Meals being late, with dinner between 9 and 10
- It is polite to finish everything on your plate.
- Foods to try: Tapas, Gazpacho, Seafood Paella, Hamon Iberico, Hamon Serrano, Tortilla Espanola, Flan, Sangria, Empanadas.
- Acquaintances shake hands, female friends kiss both cheeks, starting with the right and men may hug.
- Expect Spanish to arrive at least 20 minutes late to every appointment.
pic by Pinterest